Monday, October 18, 2010

Eat to Live Not Live to Eat

Many people have advised me to eat a lot so I could gain some weight. After all, I am underweight and a bit skinny. I have been eating a lot for the past few months starting July. Every day, I told myself that I am going to eat more than I used to so that I could get a little bit of fat in the right areas. There are also times I felt like I am already a glutton but then, can I blame myself? Who could resist a delicious slice of cake and an irresistible ice cream? So much for my indulgence :)

Then...

Hardly do I notice that it is already October. I think I have succeeded halfway. I gained a few pounds and people started noticing that I am not that skinny. But, some say that I am still thin but not too thin. I think it is a compliment. Thanks to the workout sessions after lots of pigging out! :) I am grateful for the added pounds but not for the added bulges in the wrong areas!

Did I do it right? I don't think so. What I've learned from eating a lot is that I should also exercise! I should burn the calories I gained! There are times when I don't have lovehandles (bilbil in Filipino) but then I noticed that I have a little bulge here, a little bulge there or wherever! I should also be mindful of what I am eating. After all, my body is God's temple. I must not eat junk or something that could ruin my system. I should eat in moderation.

At least once a week, I have a meatless day and I do it on a Friday. Thus, the term Meatless Friday was coined and etched in my stomach's vocabulary. Because of this, I am also able to help our environment. Imagine the greenhouse gases being released by these meaty animals and the economical footprints that go with it. Honestly, I can't resist meat especially barbecue and steak. But, we can control what we eat. It just starts with the correct mindset guided with the correct attitude.

Let's all eat to live healthily and eat for the right reasons. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment