Thursday, February 16, 2012

Being Grateful for Everything


Whenever I start to think that I hate my life, I pray. And then, I realized at that very moment that I am still alive and praying and thinking and breathing and writing these words.

Apparently, I remember that I have to be grateful instead of whining and complaining that my life is shambles. After all, I still have my life and I have the power to make my life turn around. Many other people are fighting for their lives and I know many of them would like to trade places with me. When I think of my friends battling cancer, struggling over their finances, fixing their broken relationships, it makes me feel that I am not alone in my so-called battle.

Each and every person has his own battle and I have learned to choose my battles wisely. Why mull over the most mundane of things when we can appreciate the things around us? See, it is just our perception and outlook that will matter the most in these trying times.

With that, I am grateful for what I have now and what I will be having in the future. You should be grateful too. Cheers! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment