Friday, February 10, 2012

Why not try HC?


Sometimes all it takes on a stressful morning is a cup of hot chocolate. Well, at least for me, since I like everything chocolate. And because I work in a very toxic environment (yeah, mostly everyone of us I supposed), I need to give my brain a treat.
So, a cup of HC does it for me in the morning followed by a cup of coffee in the afternoon for the much needed caffeine boost to last throughout the day.

I am not yet done about my research on the benefits of HC but I have found an interesting information below from http://www.dark-chocolate-antioxidant.com:

Research has shown that the consumption of hot chocolate could be beneficial to a person’s health. Research conducted by Cornell University indicates that hot chocolate contains more antioxidants than wine and tea, therefore lowering the risk of cardiovascular disease. Within a serving of cocoa, the researchers found 611 milligrams of gallic acid equivalents (GAE) and 564 milligrams of epicatechin equivalents (ECE), in comparison with 340 milligrams of GAE and 163 milligrams of ECE in red wine, and 165 milligrams of GAE and 47 milligrams of ECE in green tea. Chang Yong Lee, the professor and researcher at Cornell who conducted the study, revealed that a more substantial quantity of antioxidants are released once the beverage is heated.

It is astounding to know that it contains more antioxidants than wine and tea, since these two are also my favorite. I hope you like this chocolate truth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment